View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 12:53 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by varaonaid View Post
Thanks for the reply. Maybe I don't have the newest version? But I just updated a few days ago. Anyway, I can't seem to find the option to go with jpg over svg. Could you please tell me where to find it? Can I simply go from epub to epub to embed it once I get the setting correct?
To make this a permanent selection go to Preferences - Conversion - EPUB Output tab - Check the box next to No SVG cover - click OK then restart Calibre.

Now every time you convert a file to ePub it will use a jpg file for the cover image instead of the SVG cover.

You can test this by taking an existing ePub that shows a cover in the Calibre ebook viewer but not on your device. Use save to disk to back up the ePub file.

Now, convert the ePub to ePub using your normal conversion settings. If it already has a cover you might want to check remove first image under the structure detection area. Otherwise you might end up with two images in a row.

If the output ends up screwed up go to the edit meta information box, remove the screwed up ePub and re-add the one you saved to disk and try again.

Experiment and once you have the conversion settings to your liking you can reconvert any other ePub that needs the cover adjusted.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-03-2010 at 12:55 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote