View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 07:57 AM   #54
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Firstly, I think anyone offended by the mistake must be pretty intent on being offended in the first place.

Having said that, perhaps the CEO would have been wise to apologise for allowing the mistake to slip through and be published.

However, either the mistake is offensive or it isn't. It doesn't suddently become offensive because the CEO thinks it is "silly".(as stated by the OP) Perhaps one could find the CEO's attitude offensive but if one didn't find the mistake offensive to begin with one shouldn't find it so after the CEO calls it silly.

Further, attempting to suggest this attitude is in any way a reflection on all the "folks that we expect to be reasonable over ebook prices!" is a bit of a stretch I think.

My 2 cents anyway.

Cheers,
PKFFW
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote