View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 09:54 AM   #8
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwarren View Post
Sorry I'm not up with the times Mr Yuga, if you say there's nothing to worry about, I won't worry then
Heh... I wouldn't quite go that far. I'm more specifically objecting to the one-sided tone of the articles, and find that some of the characterizations by the authors of those two articles are slightly absurd and ignorant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin-c
I can, however, loan/sell/give/trade my cartridges with anyone else who has an Atari 2600, etc.
True. Hopefully that aspect will improve if a more viable loaning situation for individuals becomes more common.

Then again, I can't "loan" my Atari 2600 cartridge simultaneously to 1 million of my closest Intarnet pals; i.e. it may not be ideal, but it does make sense that a DRM system will be more restrictive. And some DRM schemes do allow for better forms of sharing and fair use (e.g. Fairplay).
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote