View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 03:13 PM   #19
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
However in the long term, I think 'open-source' eTextbooks and online resources will drive profits out of this equation, since production costs are essentially zero for everybody. Just as wikipedia has killed encyclopedia sales in all forms. I think it would lead to better, more current course material and help reduce cost of education, which I believe is in everyone's interest (except textbook publishers and retailers..).
Don't underestimate the cost of writing the damn things; there is an enormous amount of labor involved in the fact-checking alone.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote