View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 08:35 AM   #675
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeo View Post
It seems that the required attribute in the reference tag for cover page is type="cover" and the title is not required.
I'm pretty sure that's correct. That's why it didn't make much sense to me to insert something as potentially large (and un-simple) as the ebook's EXTH title as the value for that un-required attribute. Just slap "Cover" or "Cover Page" in there and be done.

Just out of curiosity, are you manufacturing the "linear=No" attribute for the created cover page's spine entry? Or is that something that unpacks "as is"?

I prefer the somewhat "standard" svg method of creating a cover page, but that's just a personal preference. Feel free to take a look at my hacked-up mobi_k8resc.py file if you're interested at all. I've added a 'borrowed' method to get the necessary dimensions of jpeg, gif, or png images (and removed the 'linear' attribute for my own selfish reasons). Don't feel any pressure to adopt my changes or anything. I don't mind adjusting the "official" codebase to suit my needs. That's how I get my practice.

Thanks for your input on the project, by the way. Much appreciated!
Attached Files
File Type: zip mobi_k8resc.zip (5.2 KB, 202 views)

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-24-2014 at 08:51 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote