View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 11:39 AM   #662
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I don't have time to join in development, but I think that splitting KindleUnpack into ePub2/ePub3 versions would be a mistake.

Surely we can detect whether a Kindle book contains stuff that requires ePub 3, and only output an ePub 3 when that is present?

Even a command-line switch between ePub 2 and 3 output would be preferable to my mind.

I would also mention that KindleUnpack should be producing something that can be run back through KindleGen and produce the same file as the original (assuming the same KindleGen version is used). This is a great feature that should not be lost in trying to produce an ePub-like output as well.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote