View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 02:30 PM   #16
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@manawydan - re startup times - have you tried doing a defrag on the drive where the library is located ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manawydan View Post

I think the next step should be to reduce the library and db by removing a big part (e.g. german language files).
Then try maintenance again and if this works rebuild what has been lost in the db by adding these files again (or however the best way would be to do this).

What do you think?

Not quite sure how to do it though - Calibre can display all e.g. German language files and I can mark them. And? Create Library and Copy these books to the newly created one?
How about
  1. create a new Library based on existing one
  2. use the Copy to library function to move books in batches - I would start with 200, and increase to 500 after first 1000.
  3. after each batch check run Library Maintenance->Check library function - it should always get a clean bill of health - I think
  4. do a library backup as previously suggested after each batch

I don't even like having separate 'books' for different languages, let alone separate libraries. So I coerce all versions of the same work (languages, editions, medium etc) into the same 'book'

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote