View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #40
cyana
Enthusiast
cyana began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I must admit that I do not understand why it takes so long to run the generate? I can only assume that the way your system operates is not like most cloud services where the files are held locally - and a background process does the sync to the cloud.
There is a problem with the sync application of my cloud provider. It relies on the WevDAV interface, that seems to be buggy on win7. Anyway, WebDAV also lets you mount a web address as local drive, and this normally would be a great thing. On win7 however, you run into a authentication problem when using a https protocol, were the mutual key gets lost after some minutes and cannot be restored. However, the tool 'NetDrive' can deal with that problem, so I now have a local drive X: that maps directly to my cloud, and I can now enter e.g. X:\eBooks as target folder in calibre2opds.

The bad performance comes from the huge number of files that accumulate in the folders, because they are reread every time when another file is uploaded. So when a folder has 2.000 items and you add the 2001th file, the system first fetches the entire directory, then uploads the file, and so on.
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote