View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 06:02 PM   #1848
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Elliot View Post
My question is this - why do you shop around? Can you not find the titles you want on a specific website, or is it that you are a browser and books catch your eye?
You need to bear in mind that I've been buying ebooks for over ten years now.

And the vast majority of my purchases have been from Fictionwise and Baen.

I think that Amazon will take over (mostly) from Fictionwise in my buying, especially their daily deals. But Kobo's coupons also make that book store irresistible. Being prepared to wait for bargains is something that I've learned to do. It's why my average purchase price is around $3.

The other stores? Some are direct from the author, and the others would have been because of a store-specific special offer or availability.

I don't really expect to buy many books anywhere except Baen, Amazon, Kobo and author sites.

Perhaps I should look more at Waterstones and WHSmith. But while something like A Mighty Fortress by David Weber is £2.99 at Amazon and £4.19 at WHSmith, there isn't much incentive to check.

Hey - the next one's out! Umm... whoops. At £3.82 it's a bit higher than my usual purchase price, but I've got to have it.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote