View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #29
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool re-read

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Thanks, Alan. I've read it many years ago, but it's certainly time for a re-read .
You're Welcome. I've read it at least three times that I can recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bar49 View Post
...the Codex Alera series by Jim Butcher. It contains a mixture of some of the story elements found in each of the above mentioned authors.

"In the realm of Alera, where people bond with the furies-elementals of earth, air, fire, water, and metal-fifteen-year-old Tavi struggles with his lack of furycrafting. But when his homeland erupts in chaos-when rebels war with loyalists and furies clash with furies-Tavi's simple courage will turn the tides of war."
Oops! This didn't even come to mind when you originally said "epic quest" and after your "farmboy turning into legendary hero" statement I was thrown completely off by my thought of Glory Road!!

DUH! I agree with bar49, Codex Alera by Jim Butcher!!

Last edited by alansplace; 03-03-2013 at 02:03 PM. Reason: oops!
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote