View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #20
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazybones View Post
I currently have 3 free and 7 pay novels up at various stores. My ratio of giveaways to paid sales has been pretty constant over the last two years at about 50:1. I tend to make the first book of a series free once the series is complete (I have one trilogy and one quadrilogy) and have noted that there is about a tenfold increase in sales of the paid books once the free one has been out for a while. My sales are fairly modest so the data points are small, but take that for what you will.
It helps confirm/support the experience that Vydorscope has reported. I was thinking that I might try something similar once I finished my first series, though I was thinking I would try free/cheap only for a limited period only* - probably some months - did you consider that option?

(* That's assuming I don't get swamped with sales in the mean time, it seems a pretty safe assumption .)
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote