View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #115
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Well I don't think everyone wins amazon will destroy most other retail and online business then will charge what ever it wants from the buyers as well as force discount in the sellers.
Its something most amazon investors think going to happen one of the reason its is valued so highly despite miniscule profits. Personally I think Bezos is taking the investors for a ride but he won't live for ever.
They will never be the only retailer and they will never be able to make monopoly prices. The Fugger days are over, if they even tried that there would be new competitors coming up in a flash.

My point is that a government that charges a 20% sales tax is immoral -- and a company that helps its customers to pay less is certainly doing a good thing. They did not charge 20% and pay 3%, THAT would be immoral.

Now that doesn't mean that everything else Amazon does is "good".