View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 10:45 PM   #15
AZImmortal
Zealot
AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoved View Post
As an avid ebook reader, it's certainly food for thought, since I suppose a similar argument could certainly be made about ebook file formats and printed text.
The environmental impact of ebooks vs printed books is definitely something that I've thought about and looked into, and although there are some obvious advantages to ebooks, I don't think that enough people (excluding you) consider the environmental disadvantages when they decide to upgrade e-readers every year since there's a lot that has to go into both producing and disposing of such devices. The Green Press Initiative has a pretty good document that outlines some of the things to take into consideration when trying to be green (although I question some of the numbers they use, such as saying that a Kindle's carbon dioxide equivalent emissions are higher than an iPad's).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
For a few dollars more you could have just got a new one.
He already explained why he didn't buy a new one in the very post that you quoted.
AZImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote