View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 06:52 PM   #25
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
MY power management troubles were about six months ago-before that post.
For shame, that post would have saved you so much angst

Quote:
Dunno how your wife uses her Ipad but I use my iPad all day long from 7.00am in the morning till 11.00 pm at night ,
Usually from 6-9PM, not daily. It's always connected so it starts with a full charge. Usually down to 30% when she stops. She usually plays games(solitaire) and browsers.

She has the original iPad I don't know if that makes a difference.

Quote:
wheras my Android phone's battery ran down whether I was using it or not. Moreover, I get that battery life without having to "how-to" or configure anything at all... which is just how I like it.
Is the Android phone the first phone you've ever owned? Battery drain, even if the phone is not in use, is a function of the cel radio. It is always on. You don't have this problem with the iPad because it's not a phone and does not need to connect to a tower. My nook with CM7(Android 2.3) last forever on standby mode so long as it is not in use.

When I took a cruse I turned off my cell radio to avoid roaming fees. The phone lasted several days on a single charge. Even after using as a camera, game machine, PDA. It's the data connectivity that kills the Android phones. Disable it and you will go a long way with your battery life.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote