View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 12:13 PM   #206
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyor View Post
To Rajs.

Sony's silence isn't serving them well, especially not in the face of all the speculation about them disinvesting themselves of retailers and stock.
I think that's being kind to Sony, frankly.

From my experience, it was retailers getting rid of stock and dumping Sony, due to the crass way Sony conducted their business with those retailers.
(Who were already struggling with high prices for a device, although of high quality, without any of the gimmicks competitors have.) rather than Sony taking any sort of a cunning market strategy decision !
Add to that the general apparent lack of interest from Sony about the products, or it's customers, and the die was cast.

Should Sony stay in the market, and now bring out a "world beating" reader, it's these retailers, and their customers, that Sony are going to have to persuade that they've changed their attitude and business model !

With all the flak that's been flying about, I think they would have a hard job.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote