Thread: KOBO Rocks!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #213
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
From what I've read, 1.3 is default line-height. It does waste too much screen space and looks awful (IMHO). Also, the page number at the bottom seems to be a standard. Sony has it, Amazon has it (locations), and I bet others have it was well.
Yes, but the Kindle page number/progress indication is very small. It uses up one line of text. The Kobo page numbers use up 2 cm / 0.8 inch or so, which is way too much. It wastes 2, maybe three lines of text. If that can't be disabled, it's probably a no go for me. This is one of those things that can bug the hell out of me forever.

If the epub specifies a line height of 1.2.em, what happens? Does the Kobo use 1.3em, or does it increase line height by 1.3 (130%), for a total of 1.56? That last option would explain why I see so many reviews where the reader displays a puny 18 lines of text or so. That's just ridiculous.

(I have some ebooks that specify many font-sizes and line heights for various parts of the book, and I don't intend to mess with that. The only thing I take out are any embedded fonts, and any "font-family" settings, so I can be sure my paperwhite will use my custom font.)

Maybe everything I'm trying to find out is moot, because I can't order the thing anywhere. WHSmith's in the UK does not send to the Netherlands.

Last edited by Katsunami; 04-25-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote