View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 04:02 PM   #301
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Sony VAIO - Video Audio Isomething Osomething
SonyEricsson P1i - pee one eye?
Imate PPC2000 - it's a PDA, nothing to do with mating
Apple Powerbook - the POWER book, not the iBook
Apple MacBook Pro - it's the pro, not the measly non-pro laptop
Nokia 3310, 6210, 6220 ... what is it with numbers?

I've had all kinds of devices, and honestly, it doesn't matter what it is called. If it's good, it'll be a name that pops up everywhere, be it Xcj2$2g or iSomething.
Whatever the name, someone thought hard about what that name is going to be and has some kind of "philosophy" to go with it.

Exceptions:
the Mitsubishi iMiev, specifically the launch in german speaking countries. "Mief" is a bad smell. So naming an electric car "I smell bad" is either a failed attempt at some subtle humor, or nobody from the german country managers dared speak up.
More inappropriate product names can be found here: http://www.isnichwahr.de/r15431388-1...duktnamen.html
mores is offline   Reply With Quote