View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 02:53 PM   #2
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
This quote was mind-boggling:
Quote:
Sony's Dan Albohn cited advantages like lower retail prices for ebooks ("typically 20%-30% less than the hardcover equivalent")
It's ironic that iRex was quoting the "content is king" line, considering how long it was between the release of their product and their support for commercial product. Maybe they were listening to their customers after all.

I also thought it was funny that the Harlequin editor thought that the popular perception of ebooks is that they're for "geeks and kids" (emphasis mine). I can hardly find books for kids in ebook format. Publishers are notorious for not wanting to bother with them.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote