View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 10:07 AM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
I like the idea of Google competing with Amazon - though I don't know how successful they will be if Amazon routinely undercuts their prices. I'm also concerned that they appear to require net access for the reading device - as that would cut out the majority of dedicated readers.
The way I read it, Google's pitch is that they will let the publishers set the prices because they want to sell new eBooks at $25 and Amazon sells them for $9.99. Which I don't understand because Amazon pays the publisher, so it's not the publisher that takes any loss.

So, rather than competition the idea is to get the prices HIGHER. I guess the expectation is that the publishers would stop giving Amazon license to sell them and sell them via Google at much higher prices.

I for one do not see this as good for us customers.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote