View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 02:04 PM   #1
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
AAAARGH !!!! DISQUETTES !!!! (and a bandaid please, and also a cigarette. thank you.)

so, my disquette drive wouldn't read any of my old disquettes, and i wasn't sure whether it was the disquettes or the drive, and since i need to make a ghost rather urgently i went quickly to the computer store a few blocks away and bought a box of new disquettes and just to be safe a new drive as well (the one i had was probably about 10 years old, so i figured it couldn't hurt).

before installing the new drive i put one of the new disquettes in the old one and double clicked on the a drive and got the message "please insert a disquette" like before. ok, thinks me, so it's a good thing i got the new drive, it must be that which is faulty.

so i turned everything off and took out the old drive and installed the new one and then turned everything back on and just to check i put one of the old disquettes in the drive : "please insert a disquette". wow, it's a good thing i bought new disquettes too, then ! so i insert a NEW disquette from the box which i just bought mere minutes earlier, and double click on A, and i get THE SAME FARKING MESSAGE !!!!

i tried every single one of the new disquettes, none of them works. none of my old disquettes works either.

logically, the drive works, because the light is on and it is recognized in windows explorer. so WHY WILL IT NOT READ ANY DISQUETTES ???? any ideas ??? anyone ??? because seriously i am going mad here.

also, i managed to cut my finger taking off the side of the box, so if someone could give me a bandaid and maybe a little kiss to make it better that would be appreciated.

also, somebody PLEASE give me a cigarette. i don't think .cig is a valid extension on this board so you'll have to zip it before you attach it to your post.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote