View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #12
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
I think you missed one very interesting bit.

When the books were correct, gabby98 used the save to disk feature in calibre to save the books to some intricate folder structure, using the metadata for the books. At the same time the internal metadata for the books is updated as well. So not only does calibre hold the correct information about the books, the books themselves are updated with this metadata.
Thanks for pointing that out....You are correct. my originals in my mind are junk..once I update the metadata then I can save the 'good copies' using the folder structure I want, and keep the archive of books in calibre without the book itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillian View Post
I always thought I'm not that bad with programs and english but now I see it's totally not the case thanks for correcting me.
Maybe not bad....just getting to know. I had no idea about this program when i first started, I just always figure out how to make things work for how I want them to

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
NO
Never use the file system to delete books(files) within the Library...That breaks the Library.

Use the Librarian (Calibre) to Remove All Formats (not the same as Delete, which removes all records of the books. This way everything remain in sync
That is correct, thanks!
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote