Thread: Glo Information
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 12:51 AM   #20
Gergith
Enthusiast
Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Some Kobos come from the factory with a 4GB card, but they only use the same size partition as the ones with 2GB cards, so it can't be right that the partition is resized to fit the card automatically by a factory reset. Also it would be a bad idea to do that, since the reason for using a smaller partition might be to avoid media faults located beyond the partition.
Perhaps they use a specific method to cripple the 4 gigs? or that the 4 gigs is actually accessible after a factory reset and nobody has actually noticed?

Or perhaps upon resizing the partition the first time I altered the partition table permanently in a way that kobo can use later?

Like the Kobo perhaps can't format a card fully, but can alter what is already there? Or that it can only alter the file table, but not the partition table?

I don't fully know what I'm talking about clearly, but that seems like it COULD be right ;-)

So if you don't resize the partition after cloning the microsd card to the bigger card, will a factory reset still work to show the full drive?

I, for one, am not curious enough to open my device right now to find out.

Last edited by Gergith; 03-23-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Gergith is offline   Reply With Quote