View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 07:13 AM   #106
RichieTheK
Enthusiast
RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 (2012), Samsung Galaxy Pro 8.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyJ View Post
Hopefully as more folks adopt W8, we will be able to see if the issue is limited to my setup, or more spread out across W8 users, especially x64 users.Monty
You're not alone with your problems. I, too, am running Windows 8 Pro x64 and have also seen calibre x64 crash frequently. (32-bit works fine.) All of the crashes are of the "calibre.exe has stopped working" variety, but I have not been able to discern a pattern. One crash was after closing the "Edit Metadata" child window, another after resizing a cover using the plug-in, and a third happened when I shut down calibre with Ctrl-Q. Like you, I am running calibre off of an SSD (AHCI mode enabled).

One thing I did notice was that when running command line programs, specifically calibredb (32-bit), I get the following message:

Qt: Untested Windows version 6.2 detected!

I did not test any 64-bit command line programs, but I assume that the 64-bit version of Qt has also not yet been tested on Windows 8. Perhaps the problem lies in one of these support libraries which has not yet been tested on Windows 8.
RichieTheK is offline   Reply With Quote