View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

I pulled up the User Manual last night to go through it for the 3rd or 4th time just to see if I had missed anything. I paged back to the cover which is that black tree with a person under it reading, like the Start Up screen. I held my breath when I realized that much of my screen was now black and tried not to look. But it is like that old Bill Cosby routine about the overwhelming urge we humans have to turn around to see what it is that is about to eat us alive, the urge to turn and look at the monster rather than run. So like a deer caught in the headlights of an oncoming car I had to stare at the screen. Thankfully I didn't see any glowing specks!

As far as using light level 20 or above, I don't know about other people but on mine if I crank it up that high it looks like that long bright tunnel with dead relatives at the other end. Well, dead authors anyway. During nighttime power failures I plan to lay my PW flat on a table and use it at level 24 to illuminate the room! Yeah, it is that bright.