View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #65
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
you noticed you didn't really answer?

Given e-readers dead and given the choice of reading on a LCD tablet or on a LCD netbook, you'd be reading on a netbook?! That frankly makes no sense.
Fair enough. I just don't care for tablets, but I like my netbook? Can't offer an explanation really, just I prefer what I prefer.

My netbook has a matte screen and I have seen people on the bus struggle or squint when a burst of sun glare hits their tablet's screen.... I've watched entire videos on my netbook on the bus with no problems.

And, also, keyboard vs touch screen. I so far haven't found many problems with my netbook.

Edited to add: The closest thing to a tablet I've used is a HipStreet e-reader (I bought it for my daughter and test drove it for her) which also takes videos. I tested a few videos riding on the bus, as well as a few epubs, and it was not as good an experience in reading as my netbook's screen.

Last edited by spindlegirl; 09-14-2012 at 01:56 PM.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote