Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #572
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliu View Post
Thanks, ixtab. Your JBatch and Font Hack make my Kindle touch much pleasant to use.

I just noticed something in the hyphenation patch that can make it perfect: the space before the hyphened word sometimes seems to be smaller than the spaces in the same line. Do you think it is an easy fix? Thanks again.
Can't reproduce. But anyway, I don't think that I could fix it. The layout code is Amazon's, and it's horribly complicated (and in addition, it's horribly obfuscated), so no... I'm not going to mess with it. Since I can't reproduce this, I can only speculate that it may be because the layout doesn't consider the space required for the hyphenation character ("-") itself.

OK, yes... I think I found an occurence. And it looks like I was correct. But the difference is almost unnoticeable, so I'm not going to look into it any further.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote