View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 07:17 AM   #10
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
@Asawi: Thanks for your recommendations for Unni Lindell and Stefan Tegenfalk.
At least one of Unni Lindell's books has been translated into German, but Stefan Tegenfalk doesn't seem to have been discovered by publishers outside of Scandinavia. I guess it's time to finally learn a Scandinavian language if only for the bragging rights. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
And a little bit off-topic: not living (at least Per Wahlöö) and not the "next Stieg Larsson" but surely a good read are the books by Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö featuring Martin Beck.
I read the whole series and liked most of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
I'm not familiar with most of the authors on your list, so I didn't vote, but having read Stieg Larsson's trilogy, I wonder why you would want to find another author like him. I would think you would want to find a significantly better author.
Larsson's books are definitely not perfect. Many plot developments were rather predictable and his style was certainly not that innovative. Nevertheless I enjoyed reading the books for their sheer escapism value.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote