View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by grvthang View Post
I searched the forum, and I haven't seen this issue brought up, and I wonder if I'm not alone:

I have had my KF since the day of release, and I've used it just about daily since then. I've never had any issues with charging or battery life. Last night, I picked my Fire up and saw that the battery was at 7%, even though I had it plugged into the charger for several hours. I checked and saw that, although it was plugged in, it wasn't charging. I tried a different charger and it still wouldn't charge, so the issue wasn't the charger.

The charging port in the KF isn't loose, but there's a decent amount of 'play' in the micro usb plug when it's plugged into the port, so I started holding the plug in different directions. I found that the unit would only charge if I angle the plug upwards as far as it can go. Plugged straight in, it won't charge.

I called Amazon customer support, and they're sending me a replacement, which is great, but I wonder if others have had this issue?
I've always had to wriggle mine to get it to charge. I have heard it mentioned before but perhaps not here.
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote