View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 06:48 PM   #10
NLight95
Connoisseur
NLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
Sorry that it isn't working out for you.

I'm not sure where you live, but one thing you might consider is that there is free wifi access on the Kindle at AT&T wireless hotspots throughout the U.S. (at places like McDonalds, Starbucks, etc.). You could go there to download books onto the Kindle and then read them anywhere. My town's library has free wireless too. I used that until Amazon got my 3G set up properly.
I returned the Kindle 3G today (about $14 for shipping+ins+deliv conf). I'm disappointed that Amazon's 3G coverage map is very misleading--in fact, it's erroneous. The rep told me there was nothing that they could do about the coverage. The map was the reason I opted for the 3G model instead of the wi-fi unit.

Aside from my ranting , I appreciate your suggestions but I would rather download purchased books from home. I wanted the 3G for when I was not at home and wanted to access Wikipedia and the web.

So now I'm looking at some other readers but I'm keeping the wi-fi Kindle in mind because it certainly has a very attractive price. Decisions, decisions...
NLight95 is offline   Reply With Quote