View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 01:29 AM   #12
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Perhaps after all bei Muttern am besten as they used to say in Berlin.
IMHO, it should read bei Muttern ist es am besten = it's best at mother's place. (If you want to Google Translate it, drop the n in Muttern, which is a typical feature of the Berlin dialect.)

IMHO, the implied meaning is something like: maybe I should simply go back to my mother who'd spoil me rotten.

BTW, "bei Muttern" is nowadays mostly used in restaurant advertising slogans, e.g. "Futtern wie bei Muttern" = great home-cooked meals like your mom used to make.

Last edited by Doitsu; 03-06-2017 at 02:52 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote