Thread: best device?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 01:39 AM   #84
jojoba
Addict
jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3gen, Cybook Odyssey FL HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by user View Post
time has passed since we talked about the superb indeed resolution of ipad

because it was too expensive, i didnt buy it (if i would buy it, i would had gone for the 64GB version, since it didnt accept usb storage extension and the wifi/3G which made the price go off the roof)

now, i see that google nexus 10 has the same resolution

so, i would like to ask:

1) ipad3 vs google nexus 10 for a4 pdf reading? is google nexus' resolution enough to produce same or better results for pdf reading than ipad3 or retina display is more than resolution?

2) are there any other tablets released or planned that compete for pdf reading?

thanks!
Have you considered getting a second hand 3gen iPad and store your documents in the cloud? Now that the 4gen is out, you could probably find a good deal on a 16gb 3gen ipad. Performance wise, I really think there is zero difference between a 3gen and a 4gen if your purpose is reading and annotating PDFs. Storage wise, my first iPad was a 16gb and I had about 2000 PDFs on there and still had several giga left of storage. PDFs really don't take much space, it's music and movies, and to a certain extent photos, that will consume storage. Even if you have 10000 PDFs you want to read, you can keep then all in DropBox and download and upload as necessary. Dropbox is in any case the easiest way to transfer files to and from your iPad.
jojoba is offline   Reply With Quote