View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 10:51 PM   #50
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniejaxn View Post
A lot of foreign writers are overlooked. Two wonderful Spanish writers are Carlos Ruiz Zafon (slightly gothic thrillers set in the Spanish Civil Wat) and Arturo Perez Reverte (historical thrillers). Translations are excellent so there is no awkwardness that sometimes happens with other books.
I agree. Arturo Pérez-Reverte was a war correspondent for 20 years, is a member of the Royal Spanish Academy and, above all, an excellent novelist and master of the Spanish language. He is one of my favourite authors. I consider La Carta Esférica (The Nautical Chart), La Reina del Sur (The Queen of the South) and El Tango de la guardia vieja (What we become) as his masterpieces, but all his work is high quality material. His historical series Alatriste, consisting of six novels is a must-read for lovers of Alexandre Dumas' The Three Musketeers.

Last edited by Pablo; 05-19-2018 at 10:43 AM.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote