View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 10:10 PM   #49
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
John Franklin Bardin.(1916-1981)

Author of about a dozen crime novels. I once had (possibly still have but can't find, probably in a box somewhere with all my missing left socks) the John Franklin Bardin Omnibus, (1976) which contained his first three novels:

The Deadly Percheron 1946
The Last of Philip Banter 1947
Devil Take the Blue-Tail Fly 1948

The are all outstanding, and extraoordinary, while his later books are, so I believe, more conventional. Blue Tail Fly is regarded widely as his masterpiece.
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote