View Single Post
Old 01-28-2022, 01:12 PM   #22
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Basic IPA is pretty simple, although perhaps a touch less so if you're English. (E.g., stuff like /i/ means what it would in basically every language other than English.) This stuff about Sanskrit is more advanced/less regular.

Incidentally, here's some related reading: https://library.oapen.org/handle/20.500.12657/28277 (The Unicode cookbook for linguists).

Thanks! In the case of the book I just finished, I would have preferred if the Sanskrit had been rendered in devanagari, which I read easily, but I do understand the value of IPA.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote