View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 09:51 AM   #1
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
dillo2 & porting non gtk+ based programs

Hi,

as we know, DR way to manage screen refresh is handled by some modifications of the gtk+ code. Thus, porting non gtk+ based applications need to refresh screen on their own, similar to what xournal port does due to its use of a special gtk+ widget not covered by the method iRex uses.

So, here am I, trying to port dillo2, a tiny but quite functional web browser.
I've already compiled it successfully (btw, porting fltk2 library has been quite hard), but it's not usable because of the lack of screen refresh and the keyboard issues.

A good way to solve these problems would be to develop an external library we could call from these programs, managing refresh and keyboard, or an external daemon as some hacks on Iliad used.

Sadly, this is beyond my skills... is anyone tempted to help?

I have the same problem with xboard, a frontend for gnuchess.

I've attached a screenshot to show how beautiful dillo browsing could be
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ss-dillo-1.png
Views:	579
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	51588  
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote