View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The best guess I can make is that some security setting is preventing your Mac from using multicast. Why this would be I cannot say. Alternatively, the Bonjour components might not be installed. This would surprise me given that Bonjour is Apple-made, but I suppose it is possible. Last idea: port 9004 might be somehow reserved and unusable with bonjour.

The first thing I would try is change the port to something like 12445 just to see if that makes the problem go away. If it does, then you will need to experiment with port numbers to find one that both you like and is usable on your mac. I don't have a Mac so I can't give many more hints. I suggest that you google for "enabling multicast" or some such.

Thinking about it, the wireless system can work even if bonjour registration is not successful. I will change the driver not to give up in this case. The change won't appear in a release for a week unless you run from source.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote