View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 03:28 AM   #7
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarbanjo View Post
Whoops - I guess I must have spent a little too long making my tea and did not see your updated post.

If you are having issues installing z4root, you may want to surf for the apk with your Edge, then download and install right on the Edge. xdadevelopers has a direct link.

It is possible that you have root access, but, in addition, you must also change the permissions on the files/directory to allow you write access. By default, the keylayout and keychars are set to read-only.

This is where something like the root explorer app comes in handy. It has a nice button at the top that toggles between "Mount R/W" and "Mount R/O"

Only once you set files to R/W will you actually be able to save changes. Root access will allow you to change permissions, but does not automatically change default permissions - this you have to do after you have root access.

I hope this helps!
Thank you Solarbanjo,
you remind me that in the second try, I did forgot to use "Mount RW". Will reinstall Z4Root an try again. Just downloaded it from the link you sent me, Avira 2012 tells me it found in a Chrome folder "EXP/Android.AD", access to the file is denied.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote