View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 07:02 PM   #147
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheongk View Post
Hi all,

I've read somewhere that I can use launchpad to install duokan (as my wife would like to read Chinese ebooks on her kindle). I have a Kindle 3 with firmware v3.2.1. I've managed to jailbreak it.

To install duokan, do I just copy the duokan files into the kindle, then just assign one of the keys to the command "/mnt/us/DK_System/install/install.sh"?

(I prefer not to install the usbnetwork component unless I have to.)

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Cheong
I think that will work. Just make sure you have the bang(!) at the beginning, because that signifies that it's a command.

Also: Doesn't Duokan have a .bin installer? If so, you should just use that.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote