Thread: Nook Color Apps
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 02:57 PM   #15
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
I'm frankly not looking for a lot of apps not related to books, reading, or writing. I think people who want lots of different apps should just spring for a general purpose tablet like an iPad or Galaxy Tab and not try to get the ipad expewrience on the cheap. I divide my wish list into 3 categories: must have, highly desirable and meh.

MUST HAVES

-dictionary app
-thesaurus app
-notetaking app
-Wikepedia app
-comics app
-magazine app
-audiobooks app

These would bear directly on the heart of the e-reader experience, which should be all about reading and books.

HIGHLY DESIRABLE

-PDF viewer
-Microsoft Office document viewer/editor
-Gmail app
-calendar app
-mapping app
-podcast app
-radio app

This is my list , as I would like the idea of using the reader as an electronic briefcase when I'm on the go and I like listening to radio and podcasts

MEH

-games
-video and camera apps
-flashlight apps, etc, etc.

I don't really need my Colornook to be my gameboy, video editor, camera, etc. I've got my laptop and smartphone to do all that.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote