View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 04:16 AM   #9
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RootlessAgrarian View Post
I have downloaded the Tirwal kernel (or whatever V3update.bin really is) and feel more confident about trying that first.
Tirwal is probably indeed the best firmware for the V3 based on the original Hanlin FW, especially since it can do both EPUB & MobiPocket DRM at the same time. No other Hanlin firmware can do that; actually no other ebook reader can do that, period, as Amazon forces exclusivity.

I'm using OI because I routinely strip DRM off all ebooks I buy, so DRM support isn't all that important to me, and I like the flexibility the OI FBReader implementation gives you in tweaking the look of the text (margins, font size, line spacing are all configurable). And I like the fact it's open source
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote