View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 06:31 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
↑ ↑ ↑

As well as the Save to Disk tool, there is Send to Device tool, which can be a folder - i.e. a pseudo-device.

To accommodate the differences between the many file systems calibre supports, the folder and file names within a library may be transliterated into ASCII, and shortened.

For their output folder and file names Save to Disk and Send to Device use the values stored in the database - i.e Irène Némirovsky and Suite française, whereas within a library diacritic-free values would be used - i.e. Irene Nemirovsky and Suite francaise .

Its an even bigger issue for languages that don't use the Latin alphabet. And for long values (often found technical book titles) the shortening of values, coupled with transliteration, can result in some odd looking folder and file names within a library folder.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 05-17-2018 at 06:38 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote