Thread: Glo Information
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #7
Darth_Bane
Dark Lord of the Sith
Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Sony PRS-505 and PRS-300, Kobo Wifi, Touch and Mini, Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspaceman View Post
My idea was to have larger partitions so that I could add my own programs with now fear of running out of space, but I'll just have to experiment now.

At least I now know that I am safe to 'play' as long as I don't touch the factory card.

(oh, and I don't have access to a windows box at work, only linux, so I'll try win32diskimager at the weekend)
Just use dd on linux - it'll do just as well. First step is to clone the 2GB image onto the 8GB. When reading the 2GB, make note of what the number of records (i.e. count) is when the reading is done. Let's say its "698596+1 records" then pop in the 8GB and apply the new image using dd with count=698596. It should boot fine and the 8GB will look like a 2GB (with 6GB wasted). Then you can try resizing the 3rd partition using "parted" to make the usable space larger (untested but should work). Resizing the 1st or 2nd partition will probably not work.
Darth_Bane is offline   Reply With Quote