View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 12:16 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
It's starrigger I think. You should add an abstract to your nominations.

BOb

I'll second Neptune Crossing and here's the info...

Quote:
Volume One: NEPTUNE CROSSING

Named one of the best SF novels
of 1994
by SCIENCE FICTION CHRONICLE

Two unlikely heroes...

Survey pilot John Bandicut is ready for the worst when he sets out across the surface of Triton, his head spinning with silence fugue. But no way is he ready for the alien presence that is about to invade his mind, or for the winds of chaos set to blow through his life.

It is humanity's first contact with an alien presence--and Bandicut can tell no one about the disembodied quarx that has taken up residence in his mind. The quarx, part of an eons-old interstellar civilization that uses advanced chaos theory to predict catastrophic events, seeks to prevent a cometary collision that threatens the Earth. But it must have help--and Bandicut must trust the alien, knowing that humanity's very existence may be at stake. He must break all the rules, and sacrifice everything he holds dear, to prevent a cataclysm that would destroy an unsuspecting humanity.

Leaving friends and lover behind, hurtling across the solar system in a stolen spaceship, Bandicut can only hope that his desperate actions will save the Earth--even if he doesn't live to see it again.

It's available free here on Mobile Read, at the Baen Free Library or on the authors website starrigger.net

Can I also second Berserker? I just read that last weekend and wouldn't mind discussing it.