View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 07:51 AM   #11
wolftail
Connoisseur
wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!

Device: Kindle Touch
Question

After updating to the new firmware I had a problem. At every reboot the kindle would go into the Kindle needs repair screen. The only way to prevent this was to connect my kindle to a computer so that it would go directly into the USB drive mode. After disconnecting, it would return to the main menu.

The cause of this was the fact that I had installed some custom fonts but I removed the custom libfreetype. The fonts displayed correctly in the UI but caused some boot hiccups. After installing the custom libfreetype, the problem went away. I posted this so that if anyone has the same problem, they will be able to get their Kindle to work again.

Now the only problem left is that I cannot edit fonts anymore as the fonthack is incompatible with the new firmware. All Dev Apps refuse to open, throwing the same error (App incompatible, please update Kindle). (Krosswords does this too for me.) This does not bother me too much at the moment because I am happy with my custom fonts. One question tough: If I run the fonthack uninstaller, would the fonts return to default?

Last edited by wolftail; 04-13-2012 at 07:53 AM.
wolftail is offline   Reply With Quote