View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 11:31 PM   #10
Iphinome
Paladin of Eris
Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 10
I'd argue that if i buy a physical book, it's mine I can sell it. If what I'm buying is a license then that is mine and again I can resell it, when you consider the ridiculous DRM that so many content providers are trying to push I don't see how they can even argue it with a straight face. They have the ability to de-authorize a copy if the license is transferred.

You'll probably argue that I might have broken the DRM and still have a copy? Well if i rip a Cd and then sell it to a used cd place I've done basically the same thing. That's a violation of copyright, that would open me up to a lawsuit, one I'd probably lose, fair enough but it doesn't change MY property rights over the things I've legally obtained be they book cd license or toaster I can throw it on ebay or in the trash give to my long lost evil twin.
Iphinome is offline   Reply With Quote