View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 11:55 PM   #167
Coops
Zealot
Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Sony T3 backup
Just got my new Kindle Oasis... to replace my trusty Sony T3.

Calibre converted my epubs to kfx very nicely thanks to this plugin and the Kindle Preview app - a few books didn't convert so they are now in azw3 and hyphenate-this plugin'd (?) and also seems ok.

BUT

I can drag the kfx file over to the Oasis no problem ( the book cover doesn't show on the Kindle but hey ho...) yet using Calbre it does not seem to have any option to send the kfx to the device? Azw3 can be sent ok - but kfx is not an option in the device configuration either.

Any trick or work around or am I missing something....?

Edited for this work around I errr, worked out... :-
  • In Calibre select all the books with kfx formats ( no problem if they also have epubs also etc).
  • Right click and Save to disk... and choose Save single format to disk.
  • Choose a location/folder and let it do its thing
  • Drag all those folders containing the kfx books over to the documents folder on your kindle
  • Wait while your kindle updates itself ( database?)
  • May as well set up to view as a list since book covers don't work

Last edited by Coops; 02-14-2017 at 12:28 AM.
Coops is offline   Reply With Quote