View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #26
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Guess what: this wouldn't help for anyone that wanted to put a kepub on a shelf!! [EDITED TO REMOVE A BUNCH OF ARGUMENTS THAT ARE A REHASH OF A PREVIOUSLY BEATEN HORSE BEFORE I POSTED]. The simpler solutions don't always work either.

Anyone that is having issues from a month ago that haven't disappeared at all (assuming you have been syncing) is likely having a deeper issue and may want to try signing out and back into your account on the device (this resets and reloads the database). The server issue seemed to have been fixed and after a sync my duplicates disappeared a while ago (although when I checked just now they are back).
It seems to be the same for me. The issue sort of disappeared when I edited the SQLite DB, removing the offending shelves, but it seems to have crept in again. The cure is always the same, edit the DB, but it is tiresome.
The problem might be compounded if you also happen to own an iPAD which has the only other Kobo reader app with shelves (I have not been able to find them on the PC app, I sort of remember them being there, but I might be wrong). If you have shelves on the iPAD Kobo app, they shall synch with the Kobo reader's ones. At this point, on whatever device you update the shelves, is then synched on the other.
You seem to have thus 2 sources for shelves. I am not sure whether this causes problems, but the issue has started reappearing on my Kobo.
Of course, if you do not have an iPAD, all this is moot. I cannot say for any android tablet, as I do not own one.

Right now I am more interested in reading (which is not hindered, fortunately) than resetting and starting up again. I like my new Kobo Glo a lot, but I cannot stand how long it takes sideloading ebooks. Actually the only time I reset it, it took almost an hour just to re-synch my library with only 160 ebooks. I would like to avoid that, I shall wait to see when the issues is solved once and for all. For now.

EDIT : While I was writing, a curiosity has stricken me to go and check whether the PC Kobo desktop app also used a SQLite DB. It does and it contains roughly the same data, shelves info included. I wonder whether that is the culprit .....

Last edited by brudigia; 01-08-2013 at 04:23 PM.
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote