View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 10:32 PM   #123
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Here's the ratio of five star to one star Kindle eInk reviews -- data mostly collected yesterday:

Original Kindle - 8.27
Kindle 2nd Generation - 8.33
Kindle Keyboard - 14.5
Kindle (basic model) - 8.7
Kindle Touch - 5.1
Paperwhite - 4.0

Kindle Fire ratios are generally lower, but I don't think that's comparable because people are using tablets for different purposes.

A month or two after the touch came out, I pointed to the device's inferior review ratio, and was told that reviews improve over time. We'll see if maybe this is true for the Paperwhite.

Amazon does not break out 3G and WiFi scores separately for devices where they could be bought in either configuration.

My feeling is that the Kindle Keyboard 3G, especially with the luxury of the lighted case, is so good you can't much improve on it. And obviously the public agrees -- or someone is stuffing the ballot box, take your pick. I say the K3 is superior.

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 11-02-2012 at 10:35 PM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote