View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #13
tmf2
Zealot
tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
When I returned my Fire 1st Gen 10 months ago for a replacement, I was informed by CS to turn off the WiFi but NOT to degister the unit. Actually, I had deregistered the unit and CS had to reregister the returned unit for me.

When the returned unit is received, it is then deregistered by the warehouse upon receipt generating the proper email to you and initiating the refund and/or credit. If you deregister the unit first, when it is received, the warehouse will have no idea whose unit it was.

If you first deregistered all your returned units, CS will now have to do extensive research to find them. If you can supply the proper UPS Tracking numbers to CS, it will shorten their research time.
I was just told by Amazon Customer Support to deregister all kindles prior to returning units for replacement or refund and that all info to process returns are located on the return label that Amazon supplies.
tmf2 is offline   Reply With Quote