View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #18
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
Quote:
Originally Posted by entodoays View Post
I have a question: Is is possible to exclude the modifications to the media scanner in the package? I really like the possibility of taking annotations and the removal of the ridiculous 200 char limit but every now and then, especially while using calibre my database gets wiped out and refreshed marking all my books as "new" and obviously all annotations and even the point where I was reading are lost. Is there a way to install all except this package?
Sort answer: sorry, no. I spent quite a bit of time developing AMR so it completely satisfies requirements I had and at the moment there are no features I could justify spending my time on.

There are no modifications in media scanner I am aware of which are incompatible with the original media scanner code. Only obvious bugs are fixed - some of the fixes I've borrowed from the Russian firmware (which is fresher than US one). So I have no idea why you database get whipped out - I do not think there is code in AMR to do so.

I do not use Calibre at all - it is a bit too big and I have some distaste for the software which does everything for everybody...

This is not to say that AMR does not have bugs - I am sure there are a lot of them but the only "real" problem in current AMR I know of is related to how USB disconnect is being handled - you could see reports in this forum under "enormous battery drain" (or something similar). The same problem exists in the original firmware and at the moment I do not know how to address it.
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote